Sunday, April 17, 2011

We Are All Pampered Chefs!

Today I hosted a Pampered Chef party at my house to support my best friend, Lindsey, who has recently become a consultant.  You can check out her website at http://www.pamperedchef.biz/lindseyfandrem.  And if there is anything you would like to order, just let me know . . . my party will close in a couple of days to allow for outside orders.  ;)

I really love having friends and family over for food and company, and today was no exception--with the added bonus of getting to try out really fun kitchen gadgets, dishes and cookware.  I especially liked the garlic press which allows you to put in a whole, unpeeled clove of garlic, and out comes minced garlic right into whatever you are making.  Then you just open it up and take out the garlic skin.  As someone who has spent her share of time trying her best to peel garlic, this gadget is nothing short of a miracle.

Pampered Chef has changed quite a bit since the last time I had a party (which may very well have been right after I graduated from college and was living in Salem back in 1998), and I was impressed to see how much they have expanded.  They now have stoneware baking ware (for pizzas as well as for cookies, muffins / cupcakes and bread), and really beautiful white serving dishes and platters.  They even have their own line of knives, complete with butcher block!

Lindsey brought all the fixings to make veggie pizza, carrot cake cupcake bites and turtle brownie bites.  So of course, I had to go off the diet!  :)  And it was fabulous. 

My dad came along (somewhat reticently at first), but I think he surprised himself by how much he enjoyed learning about and having the chance to use the products as we put together the food.  I had told him beforehand that I was pretty sure he would have a great time, since he is quite the cook in our family.  He ended up ordering over $100 worth of merchandise, so I guess I was right.  :)  I even teased him about becoming a Pampered Chef consultant himself, as having his own cooking-related business would both keep him busy and entertained.  Besides that, he just loves talking to anyone and everyone about something he is passionate about.  And he is quite the salesman . . . I'm sure the ladies who generally host parties would just eat him up.  He hasn't signed up yet, but I'll keep working on him. 

My mom doesn't have many contacts in the area, but my aunt does, so we asked her if she would like to co-host a party.  My mom and I will help her with it and in exchange for having it at her house, she can use the credits to order free Pampered Chef products.  And Lindsey has already booked her first show off of a show.  Not too bad.  :)

Morgan and Josie came along to help Lindsey.  Of course my mom had a great time holding Josie (babies just gravitate toward her) and Morgan and I spent a lot of time blowing and chasing bubbles in our front yard.


Lindsey and my dad prepare the pizza

I really love the Pampered Chef glass measuring cups.  They are so durable!


The carrot cake and turtle brownie bites.  Mmmm.

Dad making his list and checking it twice.

My mom and Josie

Lindsey and Morgan frost the carrot cake bites.

The finished pizza.

It was a great Sunday, spent with people I love, relaxing and eating.  What could be better than that?

No comments: